Monday, February 6, 2012

Household Science

This morning I started with the idea of keeping a list of things I've done, rather than making a list of things to do.  I am going to see my mother at noon.  I am trying to make the most of the time before then.  Here is what I have done:

  • Cleared the sinks upstairs and down with baking soda and vinegar.  This was a lesson for me.  It turns out you need a lot more vinegar than you think.  First I stuffed the drain with baking soda, then  I poured in white vinegar.  The downstairs sink had a less exciting reaction, as I didn't use enough vinegar.  The upstairs sink burbled and gurgled and spat out of the overspill hole.  Very exciting.  I think it may need to be done again, and that Abby and Sam should do it.
  • Fold five loads of laundry.  Nothing else need be said about that.  
  • Made another pot of coffee.  Much needed.
  • Dealt with the upstairs toilet.  It is always clogged.  Opened it up and watched it flush.  Made a sign for the bathroom- Hold the handle down!  
  • Glued the arm back onto the little couch that fell apart on New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment