Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fire it up.



When I was a freshman at Emerson I decorated the walls of my dorm room with colored vinyl. My roommate, Miss Teen California, Miss Jolene (no kidding) brought a lot to the room. A lot of hairspray. A lot of makeup. A lot of cigarette smoke. I brought colored vinyl and a featherbed.

Most of the records were from Newbury Comics, where I would look for anything colorful. I hadn't heard of most of the bands. I didn't listen to any of the records. I was in it for the color.

Seventeen years later I still have those records. Almost everything I bought remained as obscure as it was then. But there was one record, the orange one, that went a little further. Some guy named Kid Rock.

I still haven't listened to it. I hope he's worth a shingle or two.

Fire It Up. On Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment