Sunday, January 23, 2011

Something new?

Winter is here and with it its doldrums. What do we do to get out of them? We dream. What do we dream of? A new job. A new life. A vacation. Or, if you are like me, a new roof.

This is my new dream. That somehow, against the odds, I can come up with enough money to get a new roof. I have some skills. Some of them are marketable. I am hoping that with a little bit of creativity and a lot of hard work I can make lots of little bits of money add up into a whole roof of money. I've heard that's how addition works.

I have a lot of things in my house. Maybe they can leave my house and be replaced with money. Maybe the things I make can turn into money. Maybe I can busk. Abby says I can watch over people to get money. However I do it, there is one big rule: it can not be money that already comes into the house. That money goes away on its own. It has to be money from new ideas.

Think I can do it? I don't know. But I am going to try. And I am going to document it here. Be aware that I may try to get your money onto my roof. I make one promise: hilarity will ensue.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mom! I have a question for you:Why did you take my playmobil in front of your yarn for a picture?




    your girl
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Abby,

    Sometimes it is hard to tell how big something is in a picture. A lot of people know how big Playmobil is. I thought that if I put Playmobil in the picture it would help people see how big the yarn is. Also it helps keep the picture from looking too blue. It is nice to have a contrasting color.

    Thank you for your comment!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete